Location: Epping, Essex
A fantastic opportunity is now available with our client for a Senior Purchasing Manager / Director to join their team in Epping. You will have a wealth of experience at senior management level running a team of buyers in sourcing a broad range of finished goods mainly in China, the Far East and the EU.
With experience of sourcing finished goods ideally in the hard goods sector you will have full responsibility for selection of an extensive range of products for both wholesale and retail whist ensuring margins are competitive against competitors. Our client is a leading supplier of electrical / mechanical workshop equipment supplying a wide range of markets including DIY, Automotive, Industrial and Export worldwide.
Skills / Experience:
· Knowledge of the hard goods market
· Experience of sourcing finished goods
· A proven track record of procurement and management experience
· Forward thinking and open to new products and markets
· Experience of direct imports from the Far East is essential
· Ability to understand and influence key financial purchasing issues and senior members of the team
· Great presentation and negotiation skills
· Ability to plan, prioritise and delegate to achieve deadlines
· Knowledge of the key market commodities, the processes and major suppliers
· Ability to make tough decisions when required.
· Full stock availability
· Sign off on all stock purchase orders and pricing
· Identifying products and ranges to enhance the product offering and working with the buying team, testing and marketing to make sure products come to market
· Scheduling new product testing and product evaluation with the in house engineering team
· Viewing all goods inward Quality Control reports, new product evaluation reports, warranty reports and making company decisions as to next course of action
· Selection of all new products
· Deciding with the team what items will be deleted from the range
· Working with marketing to identify products for promotional activity
· Managing the flow of new products from import through the new product engineering team and then private label development with marketing
· Setting the Trade and Retail prices for all newly selected products based on company margin requirements
· Ongoing review of retail market to ensure the current and new products are competitive
· Selection of inbound shipping agencies
If you would like more information, then apply now. LS Trent Recruitment operates as an Employment Agency.
|Salary||£60,000 - £80,000|